Click below to donate here now to this year's Basket Brigade!
We work with established charities throughout NYC and Westchester to identify families in need who receive our baskets. These include:
Westchester County, NY
Benefiting the following organizations:
Bowen Memorial Church Food Pantry
St. Francis A.M.E. Zion Church
2) The Barnard School, New Rochelle, NY (http://barnard.nred.org/)
3) North American Family Institute (http://www.nafi.com/nafinfi/)
New York, NY
1) Caldwell Temple Soup Kitchen located inside the Caldwell Temple AME Zion Church at 1288 Rev. James A. Polite Ave., near Chisholm St., in Bronx. This is the article describing the program: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-bronx-soup-kitchen-dignity-menu-article-1.972267
2) Park Ave Thorpe / Thorpe Family Residence
Thorpe Family Residence, Inc. operates two homeless projects: a 16-unit transitional shelter for homeless mothers and children, entitled Thorpe I, and a 20-unit permanent supportive housing project for families, known as Park Avenue Thorpe. (http://www.nazarethhousingnyc.org/thorpe-family-residences/)
3) Nazareth House, New York, NY
Nazareth House is a not-for-profit, non-sectarian organization with a long and proud history of innovation and advocacy in the field of housing, emergency shelter and homelessness prevention for low-income families.
4) The Brownsville Partnership an initiative of Community Solutions
The Brownsville neighborhood of Brooklyn combines massive unemployment with the highest concentration of public housing in America. We're coordinating a roster of partners to help residents improve local health, safety and economic prosperity.
5) Make My Mother Proud
The local organization, founded by Lakia Echols in the Rockaways benefits Far Rockaway Hurricane Sandy Victims and underprivileged High School Juniors and Seniors.
6) Culinary Kids
Chefs Malisa Rivera and Marion Moses started Culinary Kids/Culinary Arts Initiative, a nonprofit group that teaches underprivileged children in the Rockaways aboue sustainable agriculture through cooking and growing their own food.