Click below to donate here now to this year's Basket Brigade!
We work with established charities throughout NYC and Westchester to identify families in need who receive our baskets. These include:
Westchester County, NY
1) Food Bank for Westchester / Westchester Coalition for the Hungry and Homeless (http://www.foodbankforwestchester.org/)
Benefiting the following organizations:
Bowen Memorial Baptist Church - A privately held company in Mount Vernon, New York. Phone: (914) 668-5059
Greenburgh/Elmsford Community Action Program CAP - Your trusted place to go for free, unbiased information and assistance. We can help you link to long term services and supports, such as home care, transportation and meals. Our goal is to help individuals remain in their homes as long as possible. https://on.ny.gov/2xEdVme
2) The Barnard School, New Rochelle, NY - Barnard Early Childhood Center takes pride in our abilities to understand the development of children in their most formative years of brain development. We believe in the practice of ALL means ALL as it pertains to every child’s potential and ability to learn, and interact with all of our students in various activities. (http://barnard.nred.org/)
3) NORTH AMERICAN FAMILY INSTITUTE, New York - NAFI New York is a multi-service agency that provides programming and individualized support services to youth and families in a variety of settings across New York State. Our core services include foster care, wraparound programming and ground-breaking, evidence based services for families in their homes and communities. We take a respectful and dignified approach to all care services, with the mission of emphasizing the uniqueness of each person, their strengths and their hopes and aspirations. http://www.nafiny.org/
4) CARING FOR THE HOMELESS OF PEEKSKILL - At Caring for the Hungry & Homeless of Peekskill (CHHOP) We believe that every person is entitled to safe and affordable housing and healthy, nutritious food. We work to alleviate hunger and homelessness in Peekskill and its environs by providing temporary housing, long-term housing, advocacy, and clinical and support services to veterans, domestic violence survivors and chronically homeless men and women. We also provide healthy and nutritious food through our choice food pantry. https://www.chhop.org/
New York, NY
1) Caldwell Temple Soup Kitchen
Located inside the Caldwell Temple AME Zion Church at 1288 Rev. James A. Polite Ave., near Chisholm St., in Bronx. This is the article describing the program: https://templekitchen.wordpress.com/
HELP NYC: Bronx soup kitchen keeps dignity on the menu: https://nydn.us/2xxTacO
2) Nazareth House, New York, NY
Nazareth House is a not-for-profit, non-sectarian organization with a long and proud history of innovation and advocacy in the field of housing, emergency shelter and homelessness prevention for low-income families. www.nazarethhousingnyc.org
Park Ave Thorpe
A 20-unit permanent supportive housing project for families. https://nazarethhousingnyc.org/supportive-housing/
3) POWER and WISDOM of GOD MINISTRY - (Iglesia Poder y Sabiduria de Dios, Inc)
If you need a spiritual home, this is the place for you. The Pastors and church members are friendly and they sincerely welcome anyone one who is in need of Christ or who might just be trying to find their way and solidify their spiritual relationship. https://www.facebook.com/poderysabiduria/
4) The Brownsville Partnership an initiative of Community Solutions
The Brownsville neighborhood of Brooklyn combines massive unemployment with the highest concentration of public housing in America. We're coordinating a roster of partners to help residents improve local health, safety and economic prosperity.
5) Make My Mother Proud
The local organization, founded by Lakia Echols in the Rockaways benefits Far Rockaway Hurricane Sandy Victims and underprivileged High School Juniors and Seniors.
6) Culinary Kids
Chefs Malisa Rivera and Marion Moses started Culinary Kids/Culinary Arts Initiative, a nonprofit group that teaches underprivileged children in the Rockaways aboue sustainable agriculture through cooking and growing their own food.